Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Pass the eel, please

Tis Monday and I've been at work for a little over 3 hours. We have no heat. Our boss informs us that the electrician came to fix it but said it wouldn't work when it is 0 degrees (C). Now that makes sense, right? A heater not working when it's freezing outside. Only in Korea can you get away with excuses like this. So, we are sitting here in our coats wrapped in scarves and trying to keep our fingers warm. I recieved a Christmas package from my dear friend Kari. It was a special surprise and made me feel all warm inside. She sent candy canes, Kit Kats (my favorite candy) Glee CD's and a journal. Such a thoughtful package and one to arrive at the perfect time. Thanks, Kari!

My Christmas was very nontraditional but fun. Went to Christmas Eve mass and then out to a restaurant that serves eel. It was surprisingly very tasty.
 It may be my favorite meal I've tried thus far.
 On Christmas Day we rented a pension and spent the day eating, drinking and being with friends.
Our Christmas pension

Warm enough to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air

Equipped with a nori bong (kareoke machine),
we all sung our hearts out on Christmas

Was thinking a lot about home during the Holiday. Sure missed the snow, Grandma Kelly's mac-n-cheese, and laying around in PJ's watching Christmas movies with the siblings.

Planning a Skype date for tomorrow morning with the family! Can't wait to see everyone, especially Izzy.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy. Feel free to brighten my day.