Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

The VERY humble abode

Some pics of my apartment. Very, very tiny, but it's home and I love it.

My view when I first walk into my apartment. Like the pink wallpaper?


My kitchen. Notice the absence of an over? Koreans don't ever use them, so no baking for an entire year. How will I ever master my baking skills?

View from kitchen into the main room.

The pink butterfly decor on my fridge may be the highlight of the apartment.


The bathroom.

Koreans typically don't have a seperate bathing area. You shower right next to the sink and toilet. Mine is especially unpleasent because I have to hold the shower head when I bathe. One of these days I'll buy a drill and move that stand.

The view outside my window.

Another view.

Ahhh yes, my washer machine. It's all in Korean, right? So, my first laundry experience consisted of me pressing every button imaginable until water started flowing. This process will be much faster once I learn Korean.

Most places in Korea don't have dryers. Hence forth, I've become very creative in how I hang my clothes to dry.

3 comments:

  1. "how will I ever master my baking skills" - haha don't fool yourself Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your whole apartment might just about fit into our travel trailer. Should someone send you a toaster oven for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things i love about your apartment:

    1. The pink...pink flower wallpaper, pink butterflies on fridge, and pink soap? in the bathroom.

    2. The bathroom..i am honestly baffled. So..do you have a shower curtain? I just don't understand...doesn't the floor get all wet? And what about shaving...i mean, you brush your teeth right there too!! (the last is a rhetorical question).

    Glad you're enjoying it Grace!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. Feel free to brighten my day.