Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"Kh, wake up"

Ah yes, my job. As I've said before, I work at SLP- a new Hogwon that opened in late November. We don't have many students yet, but I hear in March we're grabbing up some Kindergarteners.. and more teachers.

As of now, I teach 3 classes- 2 on M/W/F and 1 on T/Th. One student in each class. Each class is 40 minutes long. It's been a rough work schedule ;)


Unfortunately, the kiddos don't wear these.. I'm not even sure why we have them displayed. I try not to ask too many questions about such things.

One of the classrooms. It's adorable!


Each classroom is named after an American Ivy League colleges. I teach in Cornell and Harvard. 


For you gentlemen, please use the bathroom to the left- the one that looks like "Han"

Since we work 1-9pm, the school buys us dinner... I mean supper. Rice, noodles and kimchi have been the staple food groups for me here. My pants don't fit quite as well anymore- in the good way. Cutting out portions of meat and sugar from your diet will do that to you, I suppose.

Yesterday Kh (pronounced K-He), the boy in my afternoon class, fell asleep. He's the only one in the room with me. How do you fall asleep when it's just you and the teacher? We had to lightly shake him awake... it was a great start to the work week.

More to come, soon.

1 comment:

  1. he fell asleep?? too funny! Loves it!...the school looks so cute! i like that they name the rooms after colleges, thats really cool! miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. Feel free to brighten my day.