Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Jinju Namgang Yudeung Festival

"In 1592, General Kim Si-Min and his 3,800 men killed 20,000 Japanese troops, heightening national pride. Lanters were used as military signals and also as methods of communication between soldiers and their families.

During the second attack in 1593, 70,000 Korean citizens, officials and soldiers were killed and after it they began floating lanterns on the river during the Gaecheon Art Festival as a service for repose of the deceased and peace and prosperity of homes and the nation.

The Jinju Namgang Yudeung Festival is the symbol of royalty and wishing."











bamboo stilts- makes me think of Grandpa


 This part was my favorite- you wrote of colored rice paper and glued the paper onto huge metal structures. One that I thought was funny is pictured below, "I want some money."




Some "delicious" food found at the booths:

baby chickens with the heads still on

the fin is whale meat

bbq pork

more whale meat

very popular nail game- get the nail down in 3 hits and you win... I didn't win

co-workers out and about


King crab- they don't use crackers, they use scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy. Feel free to brighten my day.