Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

A week in pictures

When businesses open, Koreans buy these flowered stands to congratulate and wish luck upon the business.


A very popular sight is 'promotion girls' dancing outside electronic stores that are hosting weekend sales. I wonder how effective this marketing strategy is?


So, Koreans love poop. Seriously. My kids talk about it constantly, they are fascinated with poop! While searching my school's library for some books, I came across one titled "The cat and the golden dung". I took a picture just to prove to you that this is all too common in Korea.



2 miles from my apartment is a beautiful neighborhood with trails, and the zoo and a sketchy theme park. Diego and I went for the trails this time. The trails are spread about the forested areas surrounding the East China Sea.




There is a traditional Korean home at the top of the mountain. If I had to live in Korea forever, I would want to live there.

And as Korea would have it, we purchased some Ramon noodles at a convenient store once we reached the highest peak of the trail.




Tonight, Laura offered me gift suggestions... if anyone would like anything "Korean" please let me know. I'm drawing blanks on gift ideas so I would love some more suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. anything with Korean writing on it would be so cool! like a bag of Doritos but it says "2TY71" because it's written in Korean lol...I know it sounds dumb but I wish I would have brought back more things that were everyday 'Italian' ....also bring back lots of chopsticks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. Feel free to brighten my day.