Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

I am becoming very negligent with my updates. I appologize.

I have been busy with work this past week with end-of-session exams and writing monthly report cards for each student. I now teach 16 kids. I still enjoy my job even with the chaos of exams. My two Korean co-workers, Stella and Esther are wonderful women who translate the office gossip for me. At times I am thankful for not knowing Korean so I don't have to be part of the female chatter that happens. But usually I feel that I'm missing out on relationships because I don't speak the language.

Update:
I have decided to extend my contract for an additional 3 months. I will now be ending my job at the end of February instead of November. My boss wants me to teach the incoming Kindergarteners for the entire year, and we worked it out that they would provide me with a 10 day vacation and pay for my flights home over Christmas if I stayed till Feb.
I've had some complaints over this decision from people back home, but I'm pleased with my decision and am looking forward to spending the Holidays at home with the family and the new babies!

I'll try to update more frequently. But for now, Peace!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Grace! I'm happy that you are pleased with your decision. What's another 3 months right? Especially since you'll be able to come home for Christmas which is very exciting! People only give you grief about staying longer because they miss you. :)

    HAVE FUN, LOVE AND MISS YOU DEARLY!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. Feel free to brighten my day.