Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Kpop

While you patiently wait for my Philippines adventure to be told, I will entertain you with the latest and greatest Kpop music video/song that has swept the Youtube scene.
(Disclaimer: Gangnam is a ritzy neighborhood in Seoul and "Oppa" means big brother in Korean, but in this context it's a name that a female calls an older male friend.)



What do you think... Funny? Brilliant? Great dance moves?
Regardless, it's hot right now.
Check out this CNN report

I haven't talked much about Kpop (Korean pop music), which is a shame because it's such a fascinating industry. In fact, it's really a subculture, where teens and young adults hold interest in the fashion, the dances, the English, and idolize the singers and bands.

Have you heard of Kpop at home? It's becoming more and more popular.
Here are some of my favorite songs:





English is definitely globalizing the industry. And that's why I'm doing what I'm doing- to inspire all my 5th graders to "learn English so you can be just like Big Bang!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy. Feel free to brighten my day.