Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wheelchair runner

The weather is warming to a solid 21 degrees (70 F) and Spring is in full swing.

People crawl out of hibernation and litter the streets with smiles and a chance to soak up the warmth.

Given the beautiful weather, the health-conscious country that is South Korea celebrates the beautiful weather with self-induced torture (at least I think so)... marathons. 

I went to my first Korean marathon last weekend--it wasn't a full marathon but a half, 10K, and 5K.

What I love is that races in Korea are to be shared by the young, old and everyone in-between. 

Diego ran the 10K. I exercised my photography skills on the sidelines. 


Half marathon runners

Giving each other good luck backrubs.



10K runners. And some famous guy in a sweat suit.

And they're off!


So many families running together.

5K runners

I loved this man!



Families

Even strollers


Beautiful scenery




Go Diego, go!


After race, kimchi and tofu... of course.

It was Diego's birthday. He finished his first 10K in 50 minutes.

Maybe I'll work my way up to running one of these... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy. Feel free to brighten my day.