Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Luxury Items

Overall, Korea is an affordable country for expats: no tipping at restaurants, cheap alcohol, inexpensive utility bills. But, there is one drawback- produce.
아이고! (Oh my gosh!)
Produce, especially fruit, is crazy expensive in Korea. Fruit is often reserved as hostess gifts- it can be packaged and detailed with ribbon. With prices this high, it's no wonder I shop at the Sijang. During season, the prices drop a bit but it stills costs a pretty penny.

Check it out for yourself. How does it compare to your hometown grocery store?













With prices like this, I sure do miss home and the abundance of homegrown produce. Especially Michigan apples.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you can make this into a sign and we'll post it at Under The Pines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've graduated from the sign business, remember! If people ever complain about UTP prices you could show them these prices and I'm sure that would shush 'em up fast. ave fun at UTP this season. I miss you, Laura.

      Delete
  2. Dad likes your "about me profile". He says just go to Alaska with him and you will be amazed. In Clam Gulch camping on the beach. Tide is going out. Hopefully we will not float away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could be in Alaska with you! Have fun!

      Delete

Comments make me happy. Feel free to brighten my day.