Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Fan Death


Fan Death.
A REAL concern in South Korea.

Many Koreans believe that if a fan is running in a closed room, the people inside will suffocate to death.


http://view.koreaherald.com/kh/view.php?ud=20110704000552&cpv=0
A man reportedly died on Monday morning after sleeping with an electric fan running. The 59 years-old victim, only known by his surname Min, was found dead with the fan fixed directly at him.[11]

I asked my co-workers what they thought about this....
It is true. They all believe that a fan will suffocate you if you're in a room with the door and windows shut.

Thankfully, manufacturers are required to put timers on every fan. 

















Good! Now when I fall asleep in the comfort of my enclosed apartment, I won't suffocate to death.

According to Wikipedia, fan death is a government conspiracy created to decrease energy costs. I'm not sure if I believe that, because my fan totally has the face of a killer!













1 comment:

  1. How cute, thank you for sharing the quirks of Korean life with us.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. Feel free to brighten my day.