Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Back to the land of neon lights and kimchi

This is my goal: frequent (and shorter) updates.
I am sitting on the heated floor typing to you as I steal a neighbors wi-fi. I arrived in Korea late on Friday night. My baggage didn't make it with me so I hope my school doesn't mind that my yoga shirt and leggings smell a bit funky.
I am living in a neighborhood of Seoul called Uijeongbu- it's the same city that M*A*S*H is based from! There are two surrounding mountains and a river that runs through. I'm 40 minutes on the subway from downtown Seoul.
Now I know I'm a bit closer to north Korea this time around, but as I've said before please don't worry. The new north Korean leader is already undergoing peace treaties to bring in food and aid for his people. Prayers for peace is what we need!

I'm off to my first day of work. I'm excited to start work and discover how the public school system is.
Until next time,
Xoxo
so excited!!!! and a bit jet lagged.
road outside my apartment
bike/ walking trail along river
a point-to-the-menu-and-hope-for-a-good-meal meal. ended up being octopus, with onions and garlic
bibimbop (sure have missed this dish)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just moved to Uijeongbu as well! Your pictures looked very familiar! Good luck!
    -Devan (mykoreaquest.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. Feel free to brighten my day.