Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Guide to Using Bathrooms in Korea.

Useful tips for your trip to the hwajangshil.



In most public restrooms the toilet paper is outside the stall. Make sure you grab the amount you need. If you forget and it's too late, you better get creative.


Some restrooms won't provide public soap. I suggest carrying hand sanitizer with you at all times.


The squat toilets. Common in Korea and a bit tricky for first timers, these toilets will test your aiming abilities.
Don't worry, there are western style toilets for you non-adventure seekers.


If you were lucky enough to remember some tissues before you squatted, make sure you throw them in the trash bin. Flushing them will result in flooding and sidestepping puddles.


Probably more useful than hand sanitizer, tissues will save your behind (literally). Great for when you forgot to grab TP or when the hand dryer is nowhere to be found.

1 comment:

  1. Bring your own soap, I'm sure I will, although I always have a pack of tissue and wet wipes with me when I travel.

    It is also a relief that I do not need to go 'aiming' when I need to pee, might be challenging for ladies to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. Feel free to brighten my day.