Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Long overdue update: Mudfest

Yet again, another month and a half has gone by without an update. With all excuses aside, my intentions to update more frequently are pure they just lack in ambition.
But here I am, finally.
Laura wants to hear about Mudfest so that is where I shall begin.

This past weekend 50 or so people from Jinju made our way to Boryeong- a 4 hour drive northwest. We rode in a bus equipped with a karaoke machine and all. Our bus driver was super cool, and pulled off at about every rest stop from home to there, which worked out great for all us drinkers on board.

In the 90's people of Boryeong  discovered the sediments in the mud was great for their skin. So they started selling products and 14 years later the Boryeond Mudfest is now the biggest mud fest in the world.

There are maybe 50,000 people (mostly foreigners) present for a weekend of mud, beach, mudslides, soju, and sun. It was an awesome weekend! Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera because I didn't want to ruin it. So I stole some photos from friends for all you to see.

Giant barrels of mud for everyone to get nice and dirty.


Cindy, Inge, and me.
Me and Diego.
Oscar, me and John.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy. Feel free to brighten my day.