Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Answer all unknown phone calls

I've been in Korea almost 4 months now. Trying to find "interesting" things to describe for all you back home, is getting difficult.

So, I've decided to look at my life with those fresh eyes I had when I first arrived.

One thing I rediscovered is Korea's parking.
Or should I say lack of.

Yes, you have a few parking lots here and there. But when it comes to street parking, you park just about anywhere you want- in front of building entrances, on the sidewalk, in the road,  to the side of parked cars- pretty much if you can fit, it's a parking spot.
Well, believe it or not but this cultural norm often leads to the hindrance of easy-in-easy-out parking.
So, to aid in the matter, Koreans simply post their cell numbers onto their windshields. Call the number and tell a stranger to come move their car so you can continue on your way.

Easy enough.

1 comment:

Comments make me happy. Feel free to brighten my day.