Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

M is for Monster.

Happy Halloween, my dear friends.

In Korea, Halloween is focused at school more so than at the home or neighborhoods. Teachers will decorate their classrooms and have a party for their students.
This week the students have been running up to us foreign teachers, holding out their hands and shouting "Trick or Treat", expecting candy. I respond,"smell my feet" which just leaves the poor kids confused.

In my Phonics class we are learning the letter M.


M is the best letter for Halloween, because M is for Monster. And the best book about Monsters is Go Away, Big Green Monster!


We read the story in class and I had the kids color their own Big Green Monster.
This website has a great coloring template.



My kids are artistic gems.


Aren't they adorable?!


And that's how this English teacher spent Halloween in Korea- teaching my kids about monsters.
Not too shabby if I say so myself.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. i'm very impressed by your moster drawing on the board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the one girl wearing a Notre Dame sweatshirt??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! You are such a cute teacher! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. Feel free to brighten my day.